Camping at Nongriat, Cherrapunji
Check-in: 11:00 AM Check-out: 12:00 PM
Pets: Not Allowed Alcohol: Not Allowed
Planned by Experts
Nongriat, a village in Cherrapunji, is a fantastic destination to spend your day off and for camping. This location is jam-packed with activities, making it an excellent weekend getaway option. The Nongrait journey begins with a 30-minute stroll through beautiful woodlands to the campground. Travel through little towns to reach the Double Decker Living Root Bridge which is over a hundred-foot-long bridge. Enjoy an overnight camping excursion in Nongriat with a campfire specially prepared for you.
Activities: Camping, Trekking
Type of Tour: Adventure Tour, Private Tour
Price: Call Us for Price Details
Visit Tyrna’s stunning Double Decker Living Root Bridge
Stop along the way to see the beautiful forest and a little pool
Nongriat offers a tranquil yet distinct private camping experience
Enjoy your camping experience with a relaxing bonfire
Camping in Nongriat Itinerary
- Day – 1 : Arrival, Trekking and Camping
Arrive in Tyrna and start your trek to the Double Decker Living Root Bridge.
Begin your journey by trekking through the greeneries and small bridges along the road.
See the amazing Double Decker Living Root Bridge and cool off in the chilly river that runs beneath the bridge.
Proceed to Nongriat’s campground in the evening and enjoy the bonfire.
Enjoy an overnight camping trip in Nongriat Village amidst nature.
Overnight camping in Nongriat
- Day – 2: Departure
Wake up in the lap of nature and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
Check out from the campsite in Nongriat with the camping expedition memories of Meghalaya.
How to Reach Nongriat Campsite
You can take a car from Shillong to Cherrapunji. From Cherrapunji main town, Nongriat is at a distance of about 12km.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast
- Camping and Bonfire Arrangements
- Meals other than what is included
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional services or activity
- Things which are not included above
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and booking confirmation details.
- There shall be no cancellation charges if cancellation is made 3 days before the date of tour.
- 30% of the total cost as cancellation charges, if cancelled 1-3 days before the tour.
- 100% of the total cost as cancellation charges, if cancelled 0-1 day before the tour.
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
- Being local based online travel portal we have experience in managing Camping at Nongriat.
- We provide back end assistance during your activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, camping in Nongriat includes breakfast.
While camping at Nongriat you will be provided with an Indian or an Asian breakfast.
Yes, bedding, blankets, and pillows are given for your camping and are included in the camping package.
Yes, a bonfire or campfire will be provided during the camping.
Camping at Nongriat is a nature camping surrounded by lush greenery.
Yes, rechargeable lights are fitted inside tents while camping overnight.
Yes, there is a parking facility available for two-wheelers and four-wheelers outside the Nongriat Campsite.
Your luggage can be stored inside the tents, however if you have something valuable, you can leave it with the campground owner.