7 Days 6 Nights Spectacular Meghalaya And Assam
Planned by Experts
Places covered: Mawphlang(1N), Cherrapunjee(2N), Shillong(2N), Kaziranga(1N)
Mawphlang Village Tour
Trekking at David Scott Trail
Trekking at Double Decker Bridge at Nongriat
Cherrapunji Tour and Sightseeing
Krangsuri Tour and Laitlum Tour
Shillong-Kaziranga- 252 kms drive
Kaziranga National Park Tour
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Day – 1 : Pickup from Guwahati for Shillong- Mawphlang Village Tour
Pickup from Guwahati Airport/Railway Station, you will be transferred to Shillong.En-route visit Umiam Lake and relish the charm and elegance of the majestic placid lake surrounded by sylvan hills.
Making all the way from Guwahati you will be directly taken for the tour of Mawphlang Village which is nestled in the Khasi Hills.
Explore the Khasi Sacred Forest and the Khasi Heritage Village which showcases the lifestyle of traditional khasi tribes.
You will find distinctive variety of plants and trees and you will also find rare flower species in the Khasi Sacred Forest.
Away from the hustle and bustle of city life relax in the natural environment of Mawphlang Village.
Overnight stay in Mawphlang
- Day – 2 : Trekking at David Scott Trail
The day begins with the trek in the morning through David Scott Trail with a guide who will lead you on your entire trek enveloped by marvelous landscapes and mountains.You will trek through mild slopes and steep uphill. This trail dates back to the British Era.
After 4-5 hours and 16kms trek you will end your trek at Lad Mawphlang. After the daylong adventurous trek you will be picked up by a cab which will drop you to your resort/hotel at Cherapunjee for an overnight rest.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Cherrapunjee
- Day – 3 : Trekking at Double Decker Bridge at Nongriat
Today early morning you will start your day long trekking to explore the Double Decker Living Root Bridge atNongriat.This natural living bridge is one of the unique root bridges of the world and is said to be over 200 years old. You will start from Tyrna Village and trek down through the lush green forest covering almost 3000 steps with gentle descent.
You will pass through several small villages and explore the local life of khasi people. The scenic beauty of the place is beyond comprehension. You will definitely enjoy the long stair walk towards the bridge. Trekking here and walking over the roots of the double decker bridge will be an amazing experience.
Witness numerous root bridges on you trek to the village Nongriat. If you are a nature lover it is a must visit place for you.
After the day long adventurous trek you will be dropped to back to your hotel/resort at Cherrapunjee.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Cherrapunjee
- Day – 4 : Cherrapunji Tour and Sightseeing
Today you will visit Cherrapunjee’s fascinating waterfalls and striking limestone cave. You will visit Nohkalikai Falls, Seven Sister Falls, Dainthlen Falls,Wahkaba Falls among other falls.
You will also visit Mawsmai Cave, which is one of the 100 odd limestone caves in Meghalaya. First Presbyterian Church, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Eco Park, David Scott Memorial Stone among and other beautiful places.
En-route Shillong stop at Mawkdok Viewpoint and enjoy the view of the beautiful Dympep Valley. Here you can also experience bold and thrilling zip-lining.
Evening we will drop you to hotel in Shillong.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Shillong
- Day – 5 : Krangsuri Tour and Laitlum Tour
Today early morning head towards the Laitlum Canyons, a delighting place which will mesmerize you.
Enjoy the breathtaking canyon, its steep winding stairways that bend their way deep downhill to the green valley.
Later visit the much awaited and beautiful Krangsuri Falls in Jaintia Hills and other beautiful places in and around. Enjoy the beautiful falls and explore the hidden beauty of Meghalaya.
Evening drop to hotel/homestay in Shillong.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Shillong
- Day – 6 : Shillong – Kaziranga (252 kms drive)
Head towards Kaziranga National Park from Shillong.
After reaching Kaziranga check-in to yourresort/hotel for rest after the long journey.
Stroll around Kaziranga and be familiar with the places around.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Kaziranga
- Day – 7 : Kaziranga National Park Tour
Early in the morning you will do Elephant Safari Ride at the Kaziranga National Park.
After breakfast you will do Jeep Safari covering up to 20kmsof the park.
After Exploring the park full day. Later bag pack all the memories of your tour and cab will drop you to Guwahati Airport/Railway Station from Kaziranga.
Where You Will Stay
Day 1 (Mawphlang)
Balari Home Stay
It is located at the head of the famous David Scott trail and is near to Mawphlang Dam View Point and Mawphlang Sacred Forest. A perfect home away from home to spend your time amidst the nature.
Day 2,3 (Cherrapunjee)
Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort
It is a perfect family ambience located at atop a hill in the lap of nature at Laitkynsew Village. The rooms are well maintained. It has a wide space with play area for Children. It has all the modern amenities despite being located in the remote region.
Nalgre Guest House
The guest house is located Near Sohra Market, Cherrapunjee. The rooms are furnished and have attached bathrooms. It has an attached restaurants serving variety of foods. Guests can enjoy à la carte breakfast here.
Day 4,5 (Shillong)
Located at the main point of Police Bazar, Shillong it is one of the finest luxury hotel of Shillong. It offers a panoramic view of the city with amenities that are best in town, some of which are 24 hours front desk, parkingandrestaurant serving variety of continental cuisines along with Indian and Chinese. The interiors are well designed and embedded with pine wood making the rooms elegant and unique.
A comfortable and nice hotel at budget price. It is located in Dhankheti area of Shillong which is the about 2.0kms from Police Bazar. The accommodation is equipped with private bathroom, flat-screen television, 24 hours front desk assistance. The rooms service is good with free Wi-Fi. Restaurants and Cafes are at a walking distance from the property.
Day 6 (Kaziranga)
Dhanshree Resort is a wildlife resort located in the vicinity of Kaziranga National Park and offers a calm environment away from the noisy city life making it an ideal place to stay during Kaziranga Tour. It provides array of room amenities and offers laundry, doctor on call and luggage storage facility.It also has a swimming pool and an in-house restaurant with parking facility for guest’s vehicle. The resort offers a 24 hour front desk support.
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Verified and Transparent Reviews: We have verified and transparent reviews from Google, Trip Advisor and other review platforms for you to analyze and assess our service.
- Quality Service at Best Price: We have the best price in the industry with quality service.
- Unique Tours and Activities: We have in our platform variety of exotic, unique, rare and handpicked collection of tours and activities which you can choose for the ultimate travel experience.
- Ample Customization: With Travenjo you have the freedom to customize the tours and create your own itinerary. Simply build your itinerary and the rest will be done by our travel experts.
- Support and Backend Assistance: We provide continuous support and backend assistance during your tour with us. We are always eager to help you whenever you need us.