Shillong And Nongkhnum River Island Tour
Planned by Experts
Places covered: Shillong(2N), Cherrapunjee(2N)
Pickup from Guwahati and drive to Shillong.
Explore the ‘Living Root Bridges’ of Mawlynnong.
Visit the wettest place on earth – Cherrapunjee.
Visit to the the Second largest River Island in Meghalaya (Nongkhnum River Island).
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Day – 1 : Guwahati to Shillong (Shillong Sightseeing)
Welcome on arrival in Guwahati Airport/Station and drive to Shillong.
En route witness the Umiam Lake from Barapani Viewpoint (The biggest artificial lake in North East in midst of Sylvan Hills).
Transfer to Shillong, visit Shillong’s sightseeing attractions like Cathedral of Marry, Ward’s Lake, Lady Hyderi Park etc.
In the evening free at leisure and explore the region on your own or you may also take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping.
Later Check in to the hotel for a restful sleep.
Overnight in Shillong
- Day – 2 : Cherrapunji Tour and Sightseeing
Today you will visit Cherrapunjee’s fascinating waterfalls and striking limestone cave. You will visit Nohkalikai Falls, Seven Sister Falls, Dainthlen Falls, Wahkaba Falls among other falls.
En-route Shillong stop at Mawkdok Viewpoint and enjoy the view of the beautiful Dympep Valley. Here you can also experience bold and thrilling zip-lining.
Visit Mawsmai Cave, which is one of the 100 odd limestone caves in Meghalaya, First Presbyterian Church, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Eco Park, David Scott Memorial Stone and other beautiful places.
In the evening you will be transferred to Hotel/Resort in Cherrapunjee.
BreakfastOvernight at Cherrapunjee
- Day – 3 : Trip to Mawphanlur
Today early morning you will start your day long trekking to explore the Double Decker Living Root Bridge at Nongriat Village.
You will start from Tyrna Village and trek down through the green forest covering almost 3000 steps with gentle descent.
You will pass through several small villages and explore the local life of khasi people.
Enjoy the long stair walk towards the bridge. Trekking here and walking over the roots of the double decker bridge will be an amazing experience.
Witness numerous root bridges on you trek to the village Nongriat.
After the day long adventurous trek you will be dropped back to your hotel/ resort at Cherrapunjee.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Cherrapunjee
- Day – 4 : Visit to the the Second Largest River Island in Meghalaya (Nongkhnum River Island)
After having an early breakfast you will be driven straight to the Second Largest River Island in Asia “Nongkhnum River Island”, hidden from the eyes of general tourists.
Upon reaching Nongkhnum River Island, witness the river beach.
Take a Stroll in the beach like a garden walk and spend some time in the white washed sand of the beach.
Take a boat ride and to reach the river island.
Hike upto the Weina Falls which takes around half an hour to reach.
Unwind and enjoy the remaining day at leisure.
Later transfer to Shillong and proceed to your hotel for check-in and sleep restfully.
BreakfastOvernight at Shillong
- Day – 5 : Departure Back Home
Relish a hygenic breakfast and checkout from hotel.
Now, you will be driving to Guwahati airport/ railway station to start your journey back home.
Where You Will Stay
Day 1,5 (Shillong)
Located at the main point of Police Bazar, Shillong it is one of the finest luxury hotel of Shillong. It offers a panoramic view of the city with amenities that are best in town, some of which are 24 hours front desk, parkingandrestaurant serving variety of continental cuisines along with Indian and Chinese. The interiors are well designed and embedded with pine wood making the rooms elegant and unique.
Cherry Blossom Inn
The hotel has bigger rooms which are clean and well maintained. It is situated at a distance of about 5kms from Shillong City in Lapalang which locates it away from the hustle and bustle of the city making the ambience calm and serene. It is one of the best budget hotels in Shillong with all the major best amenities.
Day 2,3 (Cherrapunjee)
Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort
It is a perfect family ambience located at atop a hill in the lap of nature at Laitkynsew Village. The rooms are well maintained. It has a wide space with play area for Children. It has all the modern amenities despite being located in the remote region.
Nalgre Guest House
The guest house is located Near Sohra Market, Cherrapunjee. The rooms are furnished and have attached bathrooms. It has an attached restaurants serving variety of foods. Guests can enjoy à la carte breakfast here.
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by SUV Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Verified and Transparent Reviews: We have verified and transparent reviews from Google, Trip Advisor and other review platforms for you to analyze and assess our service.
- Quality Service at Best Price: We have the best price in the industry with quality service.
- Unique Tours and Activities: We have in our platform variety of exotic, unique, rare and handpicked collection of tours and activities which you can choose for the ultimate travel experience.
- Ample Customization: With Travenjo you have the freedom to customize the tours and create your own itinerary. Simply build your itinerary and the rest will be done by our travel experts.
- Support and Backend Assistance: We provide continuous support and backend assistance during your tour with us. We are always eager to help you whenever you need us.