2 Nights in Shillong
Accommodation: Travenjo selected rooms 3 Star() / Standard
Activities: Sightseeing and Adventure.
Type of Tour: Family Tour, Honeymoon Tour
Shillong – Don Bosco Museum, Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, St. Mary’s Cathedral, Ward’s Lake, Lady Hydari Park.
Others – Umiam lake, Mawlynnong, Dawki.
- Day – 1 : Arrival and transfer to Shillong:
As you arrive at the Guwahati railway station or the airport, you will meet and be greeted by our company representative. Step in our clean and well maintained private vehicle and drive to Shillong which is the capital city of Meghalaya. The distance is about 104 kms from the railway station and 117 kms from the airport. Shillong is among one of the cleanest city in the country and is also known as the “Scotland of the East” or “Abode of the Clouds”. On reaching Shillong, check into the hotel and ease up. Later move for sightseeing to Elephant Falls which is a three step waterfall and is named after the elephant shaped rock found at its foot. Then drive to Shillong Peak for a spectacular bird’s eye view of the Shillong City. If you are lucky enough, you may also sight the breath-taking sunset from this view point. Afterwards return back to the city and enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
- Day – 2 : Visit the Cleanest village – Mawlynnong and Turquoise river in Dawki:
After enjoying an appetizing breakfast which is a part of your itinerary, head towards Mawlynnong, which is known as the cleanest village in Asia. On arriving here one can take a tour of the village and sight the Living Root Bridge which is made from roots of hundred years old living trees. Also see the balancing rock and have a leisure time in the village. Later move to Dawki and get a thrilling experience of sailing on wooden boats in the Umngot river where the water is so clear that one can see through it. Spend some time at the Indo-Bangladesh border and then drive back to capital City. Upon arrival, check into the hotel. Have a delightful stay at the hotel overnight.
- Day – 3 : Sightseeing around Shillong and End of Tour:
After breakfast, the Shillong City Sightseeing begins. This city includes many amazing tourist spots like the Ward’s Lake which is popular for short garden walks and boating. Lady Hydari Park is a beautiful park set up with stretches of roses and other beautiful flowers. The park also boasts a Mini zoo which has about 70 birds, 135 mammals and reptiles. St. Mary’s Cathedral is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Shillong which covers the districts of East Khasi Hills and Ri-Bhoi. Then drive to Guwahati and on your way, stop by Don Bosco Museum where you will learn about the indigenous cultures of North eastern states. As you move within the museum, get a glimpse of the artifacts, clothing and tools used by the local tribes of the north-eastern states. Don’t forget to go up onto the Skywalk for a mesmerizing view of Shillong city. This brings you to an end of a wonderful tour. Pursue your journey to Guwahati and stop at your desired dropping points either Airport or the Railway station for your journey back home. Our team will endeavour to make your trip glorious and a memorable one.
Things to carry
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.