Trekking at Double Decker Root Bridge
Duration: 1(One) Day
800/- Per Person
Planned by Experts
Places covered: Elephant falls, Shillong Peak, Mawkdok Dympep Valley, Double Decker Root Bridge
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Early in the morning today you will be meeting our representative who will be leading you on this tour. On the way stop by Elephant Falls which is a three-step waterfall and a wonderful place to visit. It is known for its beauty and was named after an elephant shaped rock which can be seen on the foot of the Falls. Also visit Shillong Peak which offers a bird’s eye aerial view of the beautiful city of Shillong. Then after driving for about an hour stop at Mawkdok Dympep Valley which is a must visit for tourists who are fond of adventure. You may indulge in an adventurous activity such as Zip Lining(at your own cost). It gives you a great view of the Khasi hills and one feels really close to the nature. Then drive to Tyrna Village, which is starting point of the trek and the last stopping place for vehicles. A trek of over 3000+ steps, through sacred groves of trees and across narrow suspended bridges over rivers is a steep flight of steps which is narrow at certain junctions. The path passes by a number of houses with well-maintained bush fences. As the stairs conclude, the route is followed by three suspension bridges over rivers and a forest trail that succeeds it. Then the occasional ascents and descents on the forest trail continue until reaching the gates of Nongriat. The scenery of the place is beyond description. Your will get amazed of walking over the roots which is quite scary at the beginning but once you start, it will end with great enthusiasm. The pleasant sound of waterfall and the picturesque forest all around will provide you an altogether different experience with the mesmerizing feeling. Here the double-decker living root bridges overlook a series of naturally forming swimming pools. Soak in the natural pools below the bridge and relish the beautiful sight wondering the making of the double decker root bridges. After spending some time at the bridge, move further ahead to the rainbow falls. On finally reaching the falls, one can feel the mist from the falls as they come close to it and as the name goes by one can witness the rainbow on the falls if the weather’s good. Then trek back to Tyrna and hop in to the vehicle for a drive back to Shillong.
As your One Day Double Decker Root Bridge Tour comes to an end, our representative will drop you at your desired dropping points in Shillong. Our team will work hard to make your tour a wonderful and a memorable one.
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.
Things to carry
Why book with Travenjo
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Verified and Transparent Reviews: We have verified and transparent reviews from Google, Trip Advisor and other review platforms for you to analyze and assess our service.
- Quality Service at Best Price: We have the best price in the industry with quality service.
- Unique Tours and Activities: We have in our platform variety of exotic, unique, rare and handpicked collection of tours and activities which you can choose for the ultimate travel experience.
- Ample Customization: With Travenjo you have the freedom to customize the tours and create your own itinerary. Simply build your itinerary and the rest will be done by our travel experts.
- Support and Backend Assistance: We provide continuous support and backend assistance during your tour with us. We are always eager to help you whenever you need us.