7 Nights 8 Days Meghalaya Village Adventure Tour
Planned by Experts
Places covered: Shillong(1N), Mawphlang Village(1N), Kongthong Village(1N), Cherrapunjee(2N), Mawlynnong Village(1N), Umden Village(1N)
Visit Umden Village, study the production of Eri Silk and weaving of traditional handlooms and participate in mountain biking.
Walk around the wonderful surroundings on the land of seven lakes – Mawphunlur Village and Kayaking at the lake.
Discover the traditional lifestyle of Khasi Tribes at Khasi Heritage Village and trek the hills from Mawphlang to Lad Mawphlang.
Interact with the Peoples of Kongthong Village and learn about their unique practice of whistling tune to communicate with each other.
Trek at Nongriat Village.
Explore the Single Living Root Bridge and the Double Decker Living Root Bridge.
Tour one of Asia’s cleanest Village.
Experience stays in different villages of Meghalaya.
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Day – 1 : Transfer from Guwahati to Shillong
Drive to Shillong from Guwahati, en-route visit the breath taking Umiam Lake Viewpoint.
Later transfer to shillong.
Stroll around the famous Police Bazar, have your dinner.
In the evening check in to Hotel.
Overnight Stay in Shillong
- Day – 2 : Mawphanlur (71.3 kms from Shillong) & Mawphlang Sightseeing
Drive to Mawphanlur Village (land of Seven Lakes).
Witness green carpet and seven wonderful lakes.
Walk up to the green velvet grasses and find out the hidden pools amidst in the trees.
Do kayaking at the lake.
Depart to Mawphlang Sacred Grove.
At first visit the Sacred Groves, a place for nature lovers who admires the flora and fauna.
Visit the Khasi heritage Village which showcase the traditional lifestyle of the khasi tribes.
Trek from Mawphlang to Lad Mawphlang.
Spend the evening at the village.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Mawphlang
- Day – 3 : Visit to Kongthong Village
Proceed to Kongthong Village after a sumptuous breakfast.
The villagers here communicate with and call each other by whistling tunes.
Learn a little bit of Kongthongunique tune language and take home an everlasting memory.
Roam around the pristine environment of Kongthong spread across its bee farms, rich vegetation and towering hills with a guide.
Spend the evening in the serene and calm surroundings of the village.
BreakfastOvernight stay at the cottage in Kongthong Village
- Day – 4 : Cherrapunjee Tour
After breakfast begin your Journey to the 2nd wettest place on the Earth, Cherrapunjee.
Take a Short halt at Mawkdok, get the view of astonishing sceneries and enjoy the valley of the view from the Duan Sim Singh Viewpoint. You can also do zip lining and get some thrilling experience of it.
Cover the Lime Stone Cave which is made up of odd lime stones and the Seven Sisters Falls which symbolizes the seven states in North East.
Witness the breathtaking view of the fall and take numerous pictures of the surrounding greeneries and the gushing Nokhalikai Fall.
After the daylong tour check into to the hotel and rest overnight.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Cherrapunjee
- Day – 5 : Adventure Trek to Nongriat Village
Arrive at Tyrna Village (in Cherrapunjee), the base point for the trek to the double- decker living root bridge, by morning.
Go down the 3.5kms path with your team guide and then get led into the jungle.
Drink water and try some local lime juice on the way.
Trek for few more steps to reach the double decker living root bridge.
Explore the mind blowing water bodies near the double decker bridge and feel awesome while you get a glance of free fish pedicure i.e. small and tiny fishes swimming around the pond.
Start trekking back up to your starting point at Tyrna Village.
The steep climb to reach the parking spot on the well laid steps takes time and you should keep some time in spare for rest in case you get tired.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Cherrapunjee
- Day – 6 : A walk at the Cleanest Village of Asia
After breakfast start the drive towards the cleanest village, Mawlynnong.
Explore the beauty of this place and the forests surrounding it and walk to see the single Living Root Bridge of Mawlynnong.
You will then head to the village of Dawki near the Indo-Bangladesh Border, to see the crystal clear waters of the Umngot River. Here you can choose to have a small boating session as an add on.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Mawlynnong
- Day – 7 : Umden Village – World of Eri Silk production
Begin your tour at 8am and leave for Umden Silk Village from Shillong.
Interact with the Bhoi people of the village and indulge in their culture and history.
Visit the weaving Centre and watch the production of Eri Silk and handlooms like Ryndia.
Get a close look of different variants and patterns used in weaving.
Hike around the serene and lushgreen surroundings and participate in mountain biking.
Take a heritage walk in and around the forests and monoliths.
You may have the khasi local food served in leaves.
Spend your night in the village cottage amidst the serene environment of Umden Village.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Umden Village
- Day – 8 : Guwahati Departure: End of the Village Tour
After breakfast, you will be dropped at Guwahati Airport / Railway station for your onward journey with all your cherished memories of the village tour.
Where You Will Stay
Day 1 (Shillong)
Located at the main point of Police Bazar, Shillong it is one of the finest luxury hotel of Shillong. It offers a panoramic view of the city with amenities that are best in town, some of which are 24 hours front desk, parkingandrestaurant serving variety of continental cuisines along with Indian and Chinese. The interiors are well designed and embedded with pine wood making the rooms elegant and unique.
Cherry Blossom Inn
The hotel has bigger rooms which are clean and well maintained. It is situated at a distance of about 5kms from Shillong City in Lapalang which locates it away from the hustle and bustle of the city making the ambience calm and serene. It is one of the best budget hotels in Shillong with all the major best amenities.
Day 2 (Mawphlang)
Maple Pine Farm
Nestled in the lap of nature the place located in a valley around 30kms outside Shillong with a small stream flowing around. The rooms are well maintained with all the required amenities with breakfast served in the stay by the host. The views from the rooms are mesmerizing. Your stay at the Maple Pines will be a unique experience as it is located at a quiet and serene place, out from the city crowd.
Day 3 (Kongthong Village)
Kongthong Traveller’s Nest
Kongthong Travellers Nest is located in the famous Kongthong Village, also known as Whistling Village and is at a distance of about 56kms from Shillong. The Traveller’s Nest is made of bamboo and wood showcasing the local traditional design and is located in a peaceful and calm environment amidst nature. It is a perfect place to be away for sometimes from the busy city life.
Day 4-5 (Cherrapunjee)
Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort
It is a perfect family ambience located at atop a hill in the lap of nature at Laitkynsew Village. The rooms are well maintained. It has a wide space with play area for Children. It has all the modern amenities despite being located in the remote region.
Nalgre Guest House
The guest house is located Near Sohra Market, Cherrapunjee. The rooms are furnished and have attached bathrooms. It has an attached restaurants serving variety of foods. Guests can enjoy à la carte breakfast here.
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Verified and Transparent Reviews: We have verified and transparent reviews from Google, Trip Advisor and other review platforms for you to analyze and assess our service.
- Quality Service at Best Price: We have the best price in the industry with quality service.
- Unique Tours and Activities: We have in our platform variety of exotic, unique, rare and handpicked collection of tours and activities which you can choose for the ultimate travel experience.
- Ample Customization: With Travenjo you have the freedom to customize the tours and create your own itinerary. Simply build your itinerary and the rest will be done by our travel experts.
- Support and Backend Assistance: We provide continuous support and backend assistance during your tour with us. We are always eager to help you whenever you need us.