Type of Tour: Family Tour, Honeymoon Tour
Shillong Peak, Elephant falls, Mawphlang Sacred Grove, Mawsynram Cave, Jakrem Hot Water Spring.
Recognized as the wettest place in the world, this fascinating village is a nature lover’s paradise and a perfect destination to observe the beauty of the rains.
- Today you will be meeting our representative early in the morning who will be leading you on this tour and will drive you to Mawsynram. On this approximately 65 kms drive, we will be stopping by Shillong Peak which offers a bird’s eye aerial view of the beautiful city of Shillong. Also the Elephant Falls which is a three-step waterfall and is a prominent place to visit. It is known for its beauty and was named after an elephant shaped rock which can be seen on the foot of the falls. Then go to Mawphlang and walk around the Sacred Grove which is guarded by one strict rule – ‘Nothing is allowed to be taken out of this Sacred Grove else the deity gets upset. Not even a leaf, a twig or a dead log.’ Also see the monoliths within the forest which are used for animal sacrifices by the locals. Then move to Mawjymbuin Cave also known as Mawsynram Cave and observe the naturally formed Shiva Lingam. Later visit and bathe in the Hotwater Spring at Jakrem.
As your Mawsynram One Day Tour comes to an end, our representative will drop you at your desired dropping points in Shillong. Our team will endeavour to make your tour a wonderful and a memorable one.
Things to carry
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.