Accommodation: Travenjo selected rooms (Travenjo Stays) in Hotel Cherry Blossom/Hotel Lake View Inn/Similar()
Activities: Sightseeing and Trekking.
Type of Tour: Family Tour, Honeymoon Tour.
Cherrapunji – Nohkalikai falls, Seven sisters falls, Mawsmai cave, Double decker root bridges.
Others – Umiam lake.
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Day – 1 : Guwahati to Cherrapunji:
On arrival at the Guwahati airport/railway station, you will meet our representative and drive to Cherrapunji which receives the second highest rainfall in the world. The distance is approximately 165 kms away from Guwahati. On your way you will drive through Shillong City. Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya and is also known as the “Scotland of the East” or “Abode of the Clouds”. Shillong is among one of the cleanest city in the country. En route, stop by Mawkdok Dympep Valley for a relishing sight and seek adventure through zip lining which is a famous activity on this prominent spot. On reaching Cherrapunji check into the hotel for a quick freshen up and set out on another sight-seeing. Tick off your list with a few must visit places which includes Nohkalikai Falls, Nohsngithiang or the Seven Sister Falls, Mawsmai falls and go on a caving expedition at the Mawsmai Cave. Later return back to the hotel in Cherrapunji and enjoy your stay overnight.
- Day -2 : Double Decker Root Bridge trek at Nongriat:
After an early breakfast, we will go on a guided trek to the Double Decker Root Bridge. Drive to Tyrna village, which is starting point of the trek and the last stopping place for vehicles. A trek of over 3000+ steps, through sacred groves of trees and across narrow suspended bridges over rivers is a steep flight of steps which is narrow at certain junctions. The path passes by a number of houses with well-maintained bush fences. As the stairs conclude, the route is followed by three suspension bridges over rivers and a forest trail that succeeds it. Then the occasional ascents and descents on the forest trail continue until reaching the gates of Nongriat. The scenery of the place is beyond description. Your will get amazed of walking over the roots which is quite scary at the beginning but once you start, it will end with great enthusiasm. The pleasant sound of waterfall and the picturesque forest all around will provide you an altogether different experience with the mesmerizing feeling. Here the double-decker living root bridges overlook a series of naturally forming swimming pools. Soak in the natural pools below the bridge and relish the beautiful sight wondering the making of the double decker root bridge. After spending some time at the bridge, trek back to Tyrna and move to the hotel. After a tiring day return back to the hotel in the evening and enjoy your stay at the hotel overnight.
- Day – 3 : End of Tour:
After breakfast or lunch, check out from the hotel with all the memories of the tour. Then our driver will drop you at your desired dropping points (Airport/Railway Station) for your journey back home. Our team will strive to make your trip wonderful and a memorable one.
Things to carry
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.