Double Decker Root Bridge Trekking and Cherrapunji Tour
Planned by Experts
Places covered: Cherrapunji – Nohkalikai falls, Seven sisters falls, Mawsmai cave, Double Decker Root Bridge
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Day – 1 : Guwahati to Cherrapunji:
On arrival at the Guwahati airport/railway station, you will meet our representative and drive to Cherrapunji which receives the second highest rainfall in the world. The distance is approximately 165 kms away from Guwahati. On your way you will drive through Shillong City. Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya and is also known as the “Scotland of the East” or “Abode of the Clouds”. Shillong is among one of the cleanest city in the country. En route, stop by Mawkdok Dympep Valley for a relishing sight and seek adventure through zip lining which is a famous activity on this prominent spot. On reaching Cherrapunji check into the hotel for a quick freshen up and set out on another sight-seeing. Tick off your list with a few must visit places which includes Nohkalikai Falls, Nohsngithiang or the Seven Sister Falls, Mawsmai falls and go on a caving expedition at the Mawsmai Cave. Later return back to the hotel in Cherrapunji and enjoy your stay overnight.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunjee
- Day -2 : Double Decker Root Bridge trek at Nongriat:
After an early breakfast, we will go on a guided trek to the Double Decker Root Bridge. Drive to Tyrna village, which is starting point of the trek and the last stopping place for vehicles. A trek of over 3000+ steps, through sacred groves of trees and across narrow suspended bridges over rivers is a steep flight of steps which is narrow at certain junctions. The path passes by a number of houses with well-maintained bush fences. As the stairs conclude, the route is followed by three suspension bridges over rivers and a forest trail that succeeds it. Then the occasional ascents and descents on the forest trail continue until reaching the gates of Nongriat. The scenery of the place is beyond description. Your will get amazed of walking over the roots which is quite scary at the beginning but once you start, it will end with great enthusiasm. The pleasant sound of waterfall and the picturesque forest all around will provide you an altogether different experience with the mesmerizing feeling. Here the double-decker living root bridges overlook a series of naturally forming swimming pools. Soak in the natural pools below the bridge and relish the beautiful sight wondering the making of the double decker root bridge. After spending some time at the bridge, trek back to Tyrna. After a tiring day, return back to the hotel in the evening and enjoy your stay at the hotel overnight in Cherrapunjee.
BreakfastOvernight Stay in cherapunjee
- Day – 3 : End of Tour:
After breakfast or lunch, check out from the hotel with all the memories of the tour. Then our driver will drop you at your desired dropping points (Airport/Railway Station) for your journey back home. Our team will strive to make your trip wonderful and a memorable one.
Where You Will Stay
Day 1-2 (Cherrapunjee)
Smoky Falls Mae Fi Resort
The resort is near the long and winding road from Tyrna Village near Cherrapunji and is nestled in the surroundings of mountains and waterfalls. The room has a queen-sized bed and an attic bedroom with a local touch. Despite being in the mountains, all the required amenities. The traditional style in-house restaurant serves Indian and Continental food.
Nalgre Guest House
The guest house is located Near Sohra Market, Cherrapunjee. The rooms are furnished and have attached bathrooms. It has an attached restaurants serving variety of foods. Guests can enjoy à la carte breakfast here.
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Verified and Transparent Reviews: We have verified and transparent reviews from Google, Trip Advisor and other review platforms for you to analyze and assess our service.
- Quality Service at Best Price: We have the best price in the industry with quality service.
- Unique Tours and Activities: We have in our platform variety of exotic, unique, rare and handpicked collection of tours and activities which you can choose for the ultimate travel experience.
- Ample Customization: With Travenjo you have the freedom to customize the tours and create your own itinerary. Simply build your itinerary and the rest will be done by our travel experts.
- Support and Backend Assistance: We provide continuous support and backend assistance during your tour with us. We are always eager to help you whenever you need us.