1 Night in Cherrapunji and 1 Night in Shillong
Accommodation: Travenjo selected rooms (Travenjo Stays) in Hotel Cherry Blossom/Hotel Lake View Inn/Similar()
Activities: Sightseeing and Trekking.
Type of Tour: Family Tour, Honeymoon Tour
Shillong – Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, St. Mary’s Cathedral, Golflinks, Ward’s Lake.
Cherrapunji – Nohkalikai falls, Seven sisters falls, Mawsmai cave, Mawlynnong and Dawki.
- Day – 1 : Weekend tour starts as we drive from Guwahati to Cherrapunji:
The journey begins with arrival at the Guwahati airport/railway station. From Guwahati get transferred to Cherrapunji by a pre-reserved vehicle. Enroute, enjoy some leisure time amid the majestic view of Umiam Lake also known as Barapani. As you drive further to Cherrapunji you will stop by the Mawkdok Valley which is an outstanding sightseeing spot for tourists. On reaching Cherrapunji check in to the hotel. After a short halt at the hotel, we will then advance on another sightseeing and stop by some of the major attractions in Cherrapunji which includes Nohkalikai Falls, Seven Sisters falls, Mawsmai falls, and also enjoy some cave exploration at the Mawsmai cave. After a hectic yet a wonderful day, return back to your hotel, enjoy your dinner, and get a sound sleep.
- Day – 2 : Sightseeing at God’s Own Garden:
As part of your Cherrapunji and Shillong Weekend Package itinerary, after enjoying a healthy breakfast go on a picturesque drive to Mawlynnong village which is located in the East Khasi Hills District along the India-Bangladesh border. It was awarded as the cleanest village in Asia in the year 2003 and is also known as “God’s Own Garden”. See the Khasi way of life and meet the locals. Then visit Dawki where boating on the Umngot river should be a ‘must’ on your to-do-list. From photography point of view, click pictures from a top view of the boats. It appears as if the boats are flying in the air. Then spend some time at the Indo-Bangladesh border and later drive to Shillong and check in to the hotel on reaching here. Rest at the hotel overnight.
- Day – 3 : Last Day of the Tour:
After having the final breakfast of your Cherrapunji and Shillong Weekend Package tour, check out from the hotel and drive within Shillong City for a sightseeing tour. First stop at Shillong Peak from where you can see the majestic view of the beautiful city of Shillong. Then visit Elephant Falls, a three step waterfall, named after the elephant shaped rock at the foot of the falls would be your next destination. The rest of the visiting places comprise of St. Mary’s Cathedral, Golflinks and Ward’s Lake. When the sightseeing is done, we will then move to Guwahati which will bring an end to the Cherrapunji and Shillong Weekend Package. Our driver will drop you at your desired dropping points (Airport/Railway Station) for your journey back home. Our team will work hard to make your trip wonderful and a memorable one.
Things to carry
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.