6 Days Tour of Majestic Meghalaya
Planned by Experts
Places covered: Shillong(4N), Cherrapunjee(1N)
Experience the serene breeze at Umiam Lake
Take a tour of Shillong City
Witness Cherrapunji’s major waterfalls and caves
Adventurous Trekking from Tyrna till Nongriat to witness Root Bridge
Take a rural tour at Mawlynnong Village
Visit the Umngot River and see its transparent river bed
Package Itinerary Details:-
- Day – 1 : Guwahati Arrival – Transfer to Shillong:
Receive a warm welcome at the Guwahati Airport or the Railway Station, as you meet our tour representative/driver.
On your journey to Shillong, drive through beautiful hills and halt at Umiam Lake.
Later continue your trip to Shillong and on reaching check-in to your hotel.
In the evening, spend your time visiting the local markets and dig-in to some shopping.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Day – 2 : Shillong City Sightseeing:
After an early breakfast begin the second day of Majestic Meghalaya Tour.
Drive to Don Bosco Museum where you will learn about the indigenous cultures of North East.
Get a glimpse of the artifacts, clothing and tools used by the local tribes of the North-Eastern states.
Go up onto the Skywalk for a mesmerizing view of Shillong city.
Later visit Ward’s Lake, Shillong Golf Course, Lady Hydari Park and Madina Glass Masjid.
Evening is free at your Leisure.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Shillong
- Day – 3 : Observe Waterfalls and Caves in Cherrapunji:
Today after an appetizing breakfast we will begin our tour to Cherrapunji.
En route stop at Elephant Falls and Mawkdok Dympep Valley.
Continue driving to Cherrapunji and on arrival check-in to the hotel.
Cherrapunji is the second wettest location in the world after Mawsynram.
After a quick freshen up, pursue some of the major attractions in Cherrapunji like Nohkalikai Falls, Nohsngithiang Falls (Seven Sister Falls), Dainthlen Falls and Wah Kaba Falls etc.
Experience caving as you explore the Arwah Caves which has a couple of interesting features like stalactites and stalagmites.
Following this return to the hotel in Cherrapunji and spend your evening in the beautiful surroundings,
BreakfastOvernight stay in Cherrapunji
- Day – 4 : Trekking tour to the Double Decker Root Bridge:
Today we will go on a trek to the Double Decker Root Bridge.
After an early breakfast you will be taken to the starting point of the trek, Tyrna village.
The trek involves over 3000+ steps, through sacred groves of trees and across narrow suspended bridges.
During the trek come across number of houses with well-maintained bush fences.
The route is followed by three suspension bridges over rivers and a forest trail that succeeds it.
On reaching down witness the amazing view of the Double-Decker Living Root Bridge.
Soak in the natural pools formed below the root bridge.
After spending some time, move to the unique Rainbow Falls.
Trek back to Tyrna and drive to Shillong.
Spend your time in peace to get rid from tiredness.
BreakfastOvernight stay in Shillong
- Day – 5 : Set sail on the crystal clear Umngot River and visit Mawlynnong – Cleanest Village:
Today after a healthy breakfast, we will be heading towards the cleanest village in Asia.
At Mawlynnong take a tour of the village and see the Living Root Bridge made from roots of hundred years old living trees.
Also see the balancing rock and have a leisure time in the village surroundings.
Later move to Dawki and have a thrilling experience of wooden boat ride in the crystal clean Umngot River.
Spend some quality time at the Indo-Bangla border and then head to Shnongpdeng Village for overnight riverside camping with bonfire.
BreakfastOvernight Camping in Shnongpdeng
- Day – 6 : End of Majestic Meghalaya Tour:
Today after having breakfast, drive to Guwahati.
Later on reaching Guwahati, stop at your desired dropping points either Airport or the Railway station for your journey back home.
Our team will strive to make your trip a wonderful and a memorable one.
Where You Will Stay
Day 1,2,4 (Shillong)
Located at the main point of Police Bazar, Shillong it is one of the finest luxury hotel of Shillong. It offers a panoramic view of the city with amenities that are best in town, some of which are 24 hours front desk, parkingandrestaurant serving variety of continental cuisines along with Indian and Chinese. The interiors are well designed and embedded with pine wood making the rooms elegant and unique.
A comfortable and nice hotel at budget price. It is located in Dhankheti area of Shillong which is the about 2.0kms from Police Bazar. The accommodation is equipped with private bathroom, flat-screen television, 24 hours front desk assistance. The rooms service is good with free Wi-Fi. Restaurants and Cafes are at a walking distance from the property.
Day 3 (Cherrapunjee)
Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort
It is a perfect family ambience located at atop a hill in the lap of nature at Laitkynsew Village. The rooms are well maintained. It has a wide space with play area for Children. It has all the modern amenities despite being located in the remote region.
La Kupar Inn
Located in the centre of Cherrapunjee is one of the best places to stay amidst nature. Spacious rooms, ideal family atmosphere, best sunset view and sightseeing spots nearby makes it a favorite Inn for travelers. It has an in-house restaurant with all other standard amenities which are required for a comfortable stay.
- Hotel accommodations
- All conveyance by Travenjo Air-Conditioned Sedan Cabs
- Sightseeing and Transportation
- 1 child below 6 years of age is allowed in a double room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Flight Tickets/Train Tickets
- Entry fees for visiting different places
- Lunch throughout the fare
- Airfares, airport tax, visa fees, or insurance
- Personal Drinks, laundry, camera fees etc.
- Things which are not included above
- Once we receive the payment you will receive an acknowledgment email from us showing receipt and confirmation of payment.
- 25% of total package cost if cancelled 30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 50% of total package cost if cancelled 15-30 days before the starting date of the trip.
- 100% of total package cost if cancelled 0-15 days before the starting date of the trip.
- Warm Clothes
- Small Medicine Box
- Valid Identity Proof
- Good Quality Shoes
- Verified and Transparent Reviews: We have verified and transparent reviews from Google, Trip Advisor and other review platforms for you to analyze and assess our service.
- Quality Service at Best Price: We have the best price in the industry with quality service.
- Unique Tours and Activities: We have in our platform variety of exotic, unique, rare and handpicked collection of tours and activities which you can choose for the ultimate travel experience.
- Ample Customization: With Travenjo you have the freedom to customize the tours and create your own itinerary. Simply build your itinerary and the rest will be done by our travel experts.
- Support and Backend Assistance: We provide continuous support and backend assistance during your tour with us. We are always eager to help you whenever you need us.